African governments are developing trade promotion programs to encourage and attract foreign investors to their countries. In several instances, these trade promotion programs are not robust because the primary constraints on FDI to the country persist, and they failed to confront the challenges posed by globalization. African countries promoting foreign direct investments need to adopt a strategic marketing approach, which involves developing an FDI strategy that fits with the overall development program of the country, identify locational advantages for foreign investors, identify clusters of local firms and finally, formulate an investment promotion strategy.
At Foresight Consulting, we have the right methodology to develop an effective export promotion program. We use a strategic marketing approach in helping the governments and their trade promotion agencies to craft trade investments promotion programs by reviewing the investment climate, development needs, laws and institutions and then design effective matchmaking events aimed at attracting foreign investments in targeted industries in the country.
In the same vein, Nordic governments and trade promotion agencies are promoting investments to African countries. The success of these efforts could be improved through the use of experts and consultants knowledgeable of African business and Nordic investments. Nowadays, success on trade promotion and investment strategies depends on a far more sophisticated and highly targeted methodology rather than simply looking at the African country’s budgetary allocation.
At Foresight Consulting we have the resources or expertise in-house, we can help Nordic Foreign Ministries and state promotion agencies with all the assistance required in crafting appropriate trade investment strategy and business delegations to African countries.
FDI Strategy Development:
- Dependable analyses of how to attract FDIs
- Design foreign direct investment promotion strategies
- Design export promotion strategies
- Organize matchmaking events between African governments and potential Nordic investors.
How do we do it?
- Strategy and Organization: We review the national policy context and help set the objectives of the FDI’s and export promotion strategies. We also help structure the investment promotion; competitive positioning and sector targeting strategy.
- Lead generation: We help national government to market their investment promotion by pitching the investment opportunities to the targeted Nordic companies.
- Facilitation: We also help in organizing matchmaking events where the potential investors and African government and local firms can meet to discuss and lay the ground work for investment decisions.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: We also monitor and evaluate the entire process and provide a final report for our services.